Straighten Teeth Without Braces
Invisalign in Simpsonville
If you’re interested in orthodontic treatment in Simpsonville, but you don’t want to commit to wearing traditional metal braces, Invisalign may be right for you. Invisalign uses special, clear plastic aligners to gently correct the position of your teeth, allowing you to restore your smile without uncomfortable, bulky braces. Call us today to learn more about Invisalign in Simpsonville and schedule your consultation!
BEFORE & AFTER
Powerful Correction for Beautiful Results
The Clear Choice
The Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisalign uses plastic aligners that are nearly invisible when worn.
- Aligners are clear, thin, and do not affect speech, which means that nobody has to know that you’re in the middle of orthodontic treatment.
- You can remove Invisalign and enjoy orthodontic treatment with no dietary restrictions.
- Without the hindrance of wires and rubber bands, it is easier to brush and floss your teeth.
- Invisalign is more comfortable than braces because there are no sharp pieces of metal to poke your mouth, and your aligners will exert a more gentle, even pressure to move your teeth.
Timeline and What to Expect
The Invisalign Process
The Invisalign process starts with a comprehensive orthodontic consultation with Dr. Cash at Pearl Dental Studio. Dr. Cash will examine your mouth and take images, x-rays, and impressions of your teeth to prepare your treatment. Dr. Cash will work closely with the team at Invisalign to develop your treatment plan using dental software, then order your first several sets of aligners.
You’ll get your first several sets of aligners about a month after your first consultation, in most cases. Each set of aligners must be worn for 20-22 hours per day, and is usually worn for about 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, you’ll swap to a new set of aligners. Every 6 weeks, you will come in for a short consultation with Dr. Cash, she’ll check your treatment progress, and give you your next several sets of aligners. Most patients require about a year to straighten their teeth with Invisalign, but your treatment could be shorter or longer depending on the extent of your orthodontic issues.
Candidates for Invisalign
Is Invisalign Right for Me?
Invisalign is usually recommended for patients who have minor-to-moderate orthodontic issues. Orthodontic problems like gapped, uneven, crowded or crooked teeth can all be treated with Invisalign. Minor bite position issues may also be treatable with Invisalign.
However, orthodontic issues like major jaw or bite malposition or extremely crooked teeth may not be treatable with Invisalign. Traditional metal braces are much more effective for correcting these kinds of complex orthodontic issues. To find out if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign, schedule a consultation at Pearl Dental Studio today.