Get Immediate Care
Same-Day Emergency Dentistry in Simpsonville
If you’re in need of an emergency dentist in Simpsonville, Dr. Cash is here to offer efficient, skillful care when you need it most. At Pearl Dental Studio, we offer same-day emergency care because we know that unexpected oral issues are never convenient and usually painful. We do everything we can to get you out of pain and back to optimal health as soon as possible. You can reach us at (864) 214-1440 or stop by the office at 117 Batesville Road, Suite 202, Simpsonville, SC 29681
What is a Dental Emergency?
As a general rule, we define a dental emergency as any oral issue that is causing you pain, bleeding, or discomfort, that you cannot treat on your own. Though oral traumas (such as accidents that cause knocked-out, loose, or cracked teeth) are the most obvious dental emergencies, other oral issues also qualify as emergencies.
For example, losing or pulling out a crown or filling counts as an emergency. If you don’t replace missing dental work quickly, your vulnerable enamel could become damaged and infection can occur. Similarly, a serious toothache that lasts more than 1-2 days is also considered an emergency. This could indicate a tooth infection, which will require treatment with a root canal. If you don’t get help for a toothache, the pain will only get worse. Not sure whether your condition counts as a dental emergency? It’s better to be safe than sorry! Call our knowledgeable team to speak with an expert about your condition.
What to Do in a Dental Emergency
- The first thing you should do is call Pearl Dental Studio right away and let us know that you’re coming in for an emergency appointment. Some conditions, like a knocked-out tooth, must be treated within 1-2 hours to save your tooth.
- Next, recover your missing tooth or dental work (if applicable). Grab your tooth by the crown (top), not the root (bottom). Gently rinse it with warm water and replace it in the socket or put it in a small container of milk to keep it moist. Missing dental work can be put in a plastic bag.
- If you have time before you come in for your appointment, you can take a few steps to treat your pain and discomfort.
- If present, blood can be absorbed with clean gauze or cotton balls. Pain can be mitigated with over-the-counter medications like ibuprofen (Motrin) or acetaminophen (Tylenol). Ice packs can also be applied externally to the cheek to help with pain and swelling, if present.
- All of these treatments are only temporary solutions. Above all else, make sure you come to Pearl Dental Studio to see Dr. Cash for an emergency appointment as soon as possible.
- Give us a call at (864) 214-1440 to let us know you’re coming in, and come into our office at at 117 Batesville Road, Suite 202, Simpsonville, SC 29681 as soon as you can.