Your smile is the first thing people notice about you. And, if you are not happy about what your smile looks like, then you may want to address that.
Cosmetic dentistry is an excellent way to fix certain dental issues that affect the appearance of your smile. But, if you've never been to a cosmetic dentist before, you may have a few questions about what you can expect.
Hopefully, this article will answer some of your most pressing questions about cosmetic dentistry.
What Problems Can Cosmetic Dentistry Solve?
Cosmetic dentistry refers to one or more dental treatments that focus on improving the appearance of your teeth. Cosmetic dentistry can help fix a variety of small dental flaws, such as:
- Tooth discoloration
- Small gaps between your teeth
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Yellow or stained teeth
- Minor misalignments, such as overbites or crooked teeth.
Some of the treatments cosmetic dentistry includes are:
- Teeth Whitening - An effective way to mask stains or yellow teeth and make your smile look brighter and healthier.
- Veneers - These thin shells can help mask certain imperfections, such as chips or crooked teeth. Keep in mind that veneers are a permanent solution. The dentist will have to trim some of the natural enamel to fit the veneers. The enamel cannot grow back so you can never go back to your natural teeth again.
- Teeth Bonding - This cosmetic option can help cover some imperfections, like gaps between your teeth or minor cracks.
Will They Be Permanent?
None of these treatments will last forever. With the right care, you can expand the lifespan of your cosmetic treatment, but eventually, you will have to get new veneers, for example, or get your teeth whitened again.
However, certain procedures will permanently affect your teeth. As we've mentioned earlier, veneers are permanent because once you get them, you cannot restore your natural enamel.
How Do I Find the Right Cosmetic Dentist For Me?
It's important to find a cosmetic dentist that you can trust. So, don't hesitate to shop around and ask your friends or family members for recommendations. You can also go to Facebook groups or forums and read reviews to find out about other people's experiences.
Once you have a list of potential cosmetic dentists, you can schedule appointments with each to see which one feels like the right fit.
Will My Insurance Cover My Treatment?
It usually depends on your policy and the type of treatment you are getting. Most insurance companies will pay for a dental crown, for example, as it's considered an essential treatment. But, if you want to get your teeth whitened, then you may have to pay out of your pocket as insurance companies may consider this treatment unnecessary to your dental health.
All Your Cosmetic Dental Needs Met at Pearl Dental Studio
If you are looking for a skilled and compassionate cosmetic dentist in Simpsonville, then we're waiting for your visit to Pearl Dental Studio.